Additional discounts and trainings available through the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, located in Rhinebeck, New York.
Participate in Omega learning activities to enhance your Goddard independent studies and build connections with other individuals who share similar interests. As an enrolled Goddard student, you can incorporate your Omega courses, conferences, or longer trainings in professional health, sustainable living, leadership, and community into your Goddard study plan.
While attending activities at Omega, you will continue to be advised by your faculty advisors at Goddard. Your Omega experiential studies will deepen through continued theory building and reflection with your Goddard advisor.
Some examples of available studies offered by the Omega Institute that Goddard students might include in their study plans include:
- tai chi teacher training
- interdisciplinary yoga teacher training
- tai massage training
- mindfulness meditation
- nonviolent communication
- women’s studies
- creative writing
- peace studies
- travel-study programs
- sustainable living
- leadership and community study, and
- study in a range of diverse healing arts modalities.
Only fully enrolled and registered students of Goddard’s Health Arts & Sciences or Sustainable Business & Communites programs are eligible. Contact the Goddard College Admissions Office or the Omega Institute for more information.
Benefits for Enrolled Goddard Students:
- Additional Financial Aid – request support to fund your Omega activity from Goddard’s Financial Aid Office during the relevant semester.
- Omega Discounts – Omega will provide up to a 30% discount to fully enrolled Goddard students, with some exceptions to discount availability. Students should inquire with the Omega Institute Registration Office at 1-800-944-1001.
Benefits for Part-Time Omega Seasonal Staff who Enroll as a Goddard Student:
- Time-off – Enroll at Goddard College for a low-residency undergraduate or graduate program and become eligible for release from your part-time work schedule to attend the eight-day residency.
- The Goddard Process – Work with a Goddard advisor using a self-designed study plan and an individually chosen focus to deepen your experience and learning through your Omega staff experience.
- Service-learning – Integrate the development of your service learning or life skills into your Goddard study plan in areas such as peace studies, leadership and sustainable communities, yoga and movement arts, food systems and nutrition studies, sustainable living, diverse healing arts modalities, conscious living, life coaching, creative writing, and other emergent curriculum areas.
Contact the Goddard College Admissions Office or the Omega Institute for more information.
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies was founded in 1977 and is the nation’s most respected source for wellness and personal growth. Every year, more than 20,000 people attend workshops, conferences, and learning vacations at Omega’s beautiful 195-acre campus in Rhinebeck, New York, as well as in cities nationwide and at retreat centers in California, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica. Through innovative educational experiences and retreats, Omega awakens the best in the human spirit.