Welcome to the Goddard’s residency community!
From the moment you arrive on campus, student life staff is here for you: 24/7. We’re serious. Whether your needs are urgent or emergent, health and wellness related or you are in need of on-going, steady confidential support, don’t hesitate to contact us. Information regarding how to reach us is provided in your residency schedule and on your residency community bulletin board.
Student Life Coordinators
Community Center 236
Office phone: 802.322.1736 (campus extension 836)
Pager: 802.240.4868 (campus extension 555)
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., weekdays; weekends variable
Pager Hours: 24/7 during residencies
Port Townsend, Washington
Office hours may vary.
Student Life Support at Residencies
We offer a variety of support in order that your residency be as productive and pleasurable as possible.
Contact us if you want help with:
Student-initiated activities, i.e. student council elections, community meetings, etc.
Health-related issues. We will:
- pick up, or drive you, to get a prescription
- bring a meal to your room
- drive you to an urgent care facility, or help you make an appointment at a local healthcare facility
- pick up or drive you to recovery meetings
Emotional concerns (personal or academic). Come to us if you need:
- a confidential space and ear—we’re here to listen!
- to work through anxiety that might normally come up as you face a new challenge
- To process an issue (at home, work, in your program) you’re anxious about
- Ideas about what to do if you are experiencing an interpersonal conflict or have a concern about a fellow student
Community Life Agreements:
- We can help communicate, interpret, & facilitate Community Life Agreements (CLAs), including mediation for misunderstandings or disagreements; CLAs are included in the Student Handbooks
Communicate emergency response information
Provide general information about:
- Goddard College offices and services
- Local Resources (health, transportation, recovery & sobriety support, restaurants, banking, dining, lodging, things to do)
- Location of laundry facilities
Recreation & Equipment available:
- yoga mats, bicycles, etc. to loan out
- maps of walking trails
- you may use our (humble) gym in the basement of Studies (Vermont only)