My role in your learning is to support, challenge, and guide you in your learning journey. For me, this means approaching our coursework together in a spirit of curiosity, mutual respect, and a dedication to growing our banks of knowledge in a community of inquiry and understanding.
- PhD in Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities and Culture, Union Institute & University
- MA in Psychology and Counseling, Goddard College
- BA in Philosophy, Washington University, St. Louis
- Certificates in Women’s and Gender Studies, Creative Writing, Union Institute & University
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Developmental Trauma
- Autobiographical Storytelling and Identity Development/Maintenance
- Creative Writing (fiction and nonfiction) as a means of healing
Taking Meaningful Action in the World
The flow and exchange between my academic work and my practice as a clinical mental health counselor influence each other. My work with clients draws me to continually learn and deepen my understanding of counseling psychology, and I use my academic work to inform my client care. It is a beautiful dynamic of curiosity and healing!
Pronouns: She, They
- “Friendship in Frankenstein: An Aristotelian-Thomistic Analysis.” Penumbra: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Critical and Creative Inquiry, 2017.
- Healing Summit 2020 presenter, ATBA Impact Group “#MyStoryMatters: Healing Trauma through Life Storytelling”.
- Panel: Toward a Feminist Poetics of Solidarity and Sisterhood: Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich as Models. “Words and the Breathing Between Them: Liminal Otherness Between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich”. Discussant: Diane Richard-Allerdyce, PhD, 40 Years After Combahee: Feminist Scholars and Activist Engage the Movement for Black Lives, National Women’s Studies Association Annual Conference, November 16-19, 2017.
- Panel: Containing Divergent Thinking and Reading Psychosis. “Anarchy of the Mad Man: Psychological Oppression and Divergent Political, Social, and Economic Values”. Discussant: Carol Barrett, PhD, Insurrection, Subversion, Rebellion, 16th Annual Union Institute & University Residency Conference, January 7, 2015.
Affiliation BA Psychology
MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Location Plainfield, Vermont