Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat
February 10 - February 13
The second annual Lighthouse Writers Conference & Retreat (LWC&R) will take place February 10-13, 2017. If you’re an MFAW alum of either Goddard’s MFAW program in Port Townsend, Washington, or Plainfield, Vermont, we hope you’ll join us!
Revitalize your own work amid the richness of Goddard’s Port Townsend writing community at Fort Worden, while developing strong connections with fellow alumni and Goddard writers. Our conference will focus on writing and literature, and on sustaining the writing process. We will immerse ourselves in new writing practices that echo our Goddard residency experience.
- Opening panel with Sarah Kishpaugh, Alison Bailey, and Theresa Barker
- Writing retreat opportunities, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft, master study, and experimental writing techniques
- Readings by MFAW faculty and the Goddard visiting writer, and participation in the visiting writer workshop
- A presentation of this year’s volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national literary journal published by the CWC Alumni Association in partnership with Goddard College.
- A MFAW alumni-hosted reception
- An alumni-organized evening salon
Registration information is available here. Please note that this Conference & Retreat is capped at 15 participants and that registrations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis! Participants will make their own arrangements for meals and housing with on-campus meal options and both off-campus and on-campus housing options.
Questions? Contact one of the Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat Coordinators: