Opportunities for Birthwise graduates
Birthwise Midwifery School and Goddard College are pleased to announce a mutually beneficial learning partnership that offers Birthwise students an affordable, flexible, and fast pathway to a bachelor’s degree.
Goddard developed this partnership in order to support Birthwise students and graduates in meeting their larger educational goals. Birthwise participants gain a wealth of experience in their studies of midwifery; this partnership allows you to bring that experience with you and translate it into college credit toward a bachelor’s degree at Goddard College.
Birthwise program graduates who apply and are accepted into the following programs are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship:
Birthwise graduates who already have a bachelor’s degree may be eligible to enroll in our accelerated MA in Health Arts & Sciences.
Questions? Call us at 800.906.8312 or click here to request more information.
- If you completed a Birthwise Midwifery School Program, you are eligible to receive 40 to 45 credits toward a Bachelor of Arts degree at Goddard. (Transferable semester-credit hours include 45 credits for the Birthwise Campus Program and 40 credits for the Birthwise Community Program).
- You can also transfer credit from other colleges, for a total of 75 credits that can be transferred into Goddard. This means that you may be able to complete your bachelor’s degree at Goddard College in just three semesters.
- The clinical midwifery portion of your education can be completed at Birthwise before, during, or after enrolling in Goddard’s low-residency BA program.
Questions? Please contact us at 800-906-8312 to discuss your unique situation, or click here to request more information online.
Low-residency education offers the best of what distance education, online programs, and traditional campus-learning offer: you will have the flexibility to study from home while also being a part of a living, breathing community of learners, faculty, staff and alumni – the larger community of Goddard College.
The progressive pedagogy at Goddard encourages students to pursue areas of unique interest that contribute to the global community and the earth through holistic and multidisciplinary approaches to learning.
- Flexibility: Goddard offers a flexible degree program that allows you to pursue a degree without uprooting or disrupting your life.
- Community: Spend 8 days of intensive study per semester in a community of your peers.
- Individualized Learning: Earn a degree that intimately connects the life you’re living with what you’re learning, and study that is directly relevant to the life you want to live.
Contact an admissions counselor today at 800.906.8312 or request more information here.