Community College of Philadelphia Transfer Agreement
A flexible pathway to a bachelor’s degree
Information for graduates of the Community College of Philadelphia
Goddard is a leader in transformative education that joins individual learning with action in the world. We cultivate knowledge, skills, and strategies that respond effectively to the changing needs of communities and circumstances.
Students who graduate from the Community College of Philadelphia’s A.A. in English with Creative Writing Certificate are guaranteed admissions into Goddard College’s B.F.A. in Creative Writing degree program.
About the BFA in Creative Writing
Study fiction, poetry, memoir and nonfiction, and hybrid forms in the first low-residency BFA program in the country. You may seek a sole vocation in writing, or integrate your creative writing into professions such as psychology, social work, library science or education. With the BFA in Creative Writing, you may also go on to pursue graduate work in creative writing, literature, or professional writing.
Transfer Grants for Creative Writing Students
- All Community College of Philadelphia students who earn the A.A. in English with Creative Writing Certificate and enroll at Goddard will receive the $1,000 Partnership Grant, distributed across the first two semesters of enrollment at Goddard ($500 each semester).
- For the academic year beginning Spring 2016, Goddard College will commit additional funds to award $2,500 continuing annual award to five Community College of Philadelphia students who earn the A.A. in English with Creative Writing Certificate and have demonstrated financial need.
- Additionally, Community College of Philadelphia students applying to Goddard’s BFA in Creative Writing will be eligible for a one-time $1,000 Engaged Arts Award. Engaged Artist Awards are granted to students who have a demonstrated record of publication and community engagement.
Learn more about the transfer agreement and grants for Community College of Philadelphia graduates by contacting an admissions counselor at 800.906.8312, writing to email@example.com or by completing an online inquiry form.
How to Apply
- Complete an Online Application for Admission. ($65 application fee waived for all CCP graduates)
- Application includes an essay, sample of creative work and official transcripts from Community College of Philadelphia and any previously attended schools, if applicable. The credit-granting institution should submit transcripts directly to Goddard College.
- Brief interview with an admissions counselor
- Application Fee and Letters of Recommendation are waived for Community College of Philadelphia graduates covered by the terms of this agreement.
Undergraduate Study at Goddard College
Community College of Philadelphia students may also wish to consider these options for further study:
Undergraduate studies in the humanities and social sciences:
- Individualized Bachelor of Arts: Students work collaboratively with faculty to develop personalized, holistic, and multidisciplinary plans for study.
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Arts & Sciences: Students are supported in restoring personal and community health in the context of creating healthier social and natural systems.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sustainability: Students are supported in focusing on understanding our place in the ecosystem and developing a just and sustainable society in partnership with nature.
Undergraduate studies in pre-professional disciplines and the fine arts:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education: Offered through the Goddard’s Education Program program. Students may pursue the Vermont teacher’s licensure, a self-designed major in education, dual language early childhood education, or community education.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Offered through the Psychology and Counseling program. Students may be admitted into the BA/MA Fast Track if they intend to pursue the graduate degree in psychology or clinical mental health counseling.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing: Students interested in developing as writers of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, or hybrid forms.