Pearl Fund Scholarship
The Pearl Fund Scholarship was established in memory of Pearl Fink by her children Janis Ian and Eric Fink. Pearl enrolled in Goddard’s Adult Degree Program at the age of 49, after having been in the workforce for several decades. Getting a BA was a lifetime goal for her. Pearl found her passion in playwriting, going on to earn her MA from Goddard at the age of 52, and writing a full-length play. Her daughter, the musician Janis Ian said, “Goddard was the most important thing in the world to her next to her children.”
Given to a student who demonstrates financial need who aspires to earn a first-time undergraduate (BA, BFA) or graduate (MA, MFA) degree and has either:
- been out of school for 5+ years, or
- has been in the workforce for 5+ years.
Both new and returning students may apply for the Pearl Fund Scholarship.
Please write an essay (500 words or less) that includes:
- a brief introduction about yourself
- how a college degree fits into your own lifelong learning process and how it will help advance your career or educational goals at this stage in your life
- anything else you would like the scholarship committee to know about you.
- Your contact information (email, phone).
QUESTIONS? To learn more about this scholarship, email email@example.com.