Full Time 37.5 Hrs. @ wk. / Benefit Eligible / Union Position / $18.00 @ Hr.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions as assigned by the Controller. This may include accounts payable, non-student accounts receivable and serving as back up for payroll. , as well as supplementing all aspects of the Business Office and accounting function.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Payable and Non-Student Accounts Receivable:
- Manage, coordinate, and initiate daily accounts payable and non-student accounts receivable operations
- Play a key role in developing and modifying accounting systems, procedures, and policies
- Monitor all request for adherence to established policies and procedures
- Maintain relationship with vendors
- Prepare 1099s
- Provide financial information to budget managers on request
- Provide backup for Payroll processing when needed
- Manage office supply stock including printed materials
- Aid Controller , Senior Staff Accountant, and Coordinator of Student Accounts
- Work with Controller on special accounting-related projects
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Supervision is received from the Controller
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or other appropriate discipline, plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- Broad base of knowledge and skills related to maintaining moderately complex manual and computerized record systems
- Relevant technical knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and methods and prior accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll experience desirable
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external personnel
Experience with (Oracle) Netsuite and ADP WorkforceNow
To apply: Click Here
Position open until filled.
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.
This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.