Goddard College, a private, non-profit, low residency college with locations in the states of Vermont and Washington, is seeking proposals for a Senior Learning Technologist who will provide learning technology expertise and support to projects as well as consultations with faculty and staff. This position is a remote full-time, 6-month contract to select and implement a Learning Management System and online learning platform to benefit Goddard College’s new online learning environment. This position is expected to work collaboratively and creatively with faculty and staff to build and enhance the College’s programs. This position will receive $50,000 for the work of this project.
Goddard College understands that creating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment requires constant effort on the part of all members of our community.
We are looking for an individual or firm that can assist us in creating an online learning shared space that houses electronically supported synchronous and asynchronous content including courses that are entirely online, hybrid, or technology-enhanced, Web-based learning, virtual interactive education, audio, video, Smartboards, lecture tools, collaboration tools, assessment tools and digital asset management.
About the Goddard College
The mission of Goddard College is to advance cultures of rigorous inquiry, collaboration, and lifelong learning, where individuals take imaginative and responsible action in the world.
Scope of Work
We are requesting that the services will provide at the very minimum:
- Work with the Academic Affairs Office staff and others to identify a cloud-hosted LMS (Learning Management System) that can accommodate the needs of Goddard’s current and future online learning environment;
- Analyze existing and new data from user groups’ LMS needs (faculty, students, staff);
- Manage and execute the 1st phase of the LMS implementation;
- Ensure technology support for multiple languages;
- Work with the Senior Instructional Designer, and other staff, to create and implement seamless and integrated suite of learning technologies and services for virtual residencies;
- Build an online learning shared space (ideally integrated with the LMS);
- Create catalog and user guide of all supported educational technologies and systems for supporting online faculty, staff, and students;
- Work with a wide range of population differences to support different ways of knowing, learning, and being;
- Create clear documentation on the coordination of all offices to support online learning, including implications of online learning on all offices, and removal of all critical barriers or challenges;
- Surface challenges and complications and create and implement viable solutions;
- Provide a plan for collecting data and generating reports related to student learning outcomes, retention, student engagement, degree completion, student interest areas, time to completion;
- Create a plan for the future that evolves the online learning environment in anticipation of growth of Goddard’s enrollment and the advent of new degree options.
Evaluation of Proposal
Proposal evaluation criteria will include but are not limited to:
- Quality of the proposal
- Quality of the proposed methodology
- Qualifications and experience of personnel
- The general approach and plans to meet the requirements of the RFP
- Prior performance of the proposer on projects of similar scope and size
- Proof of insurance
- Proven knowledge of, and successful implementation of similar projects
- More specific qualification includes:
- Master’s degree in instructional or educational technology or related field; or a bachelor’s degree with commensurate relevant experience;
- Broad and deep knowledge on best-in-class LMS’ (Learning Management System), especially in higher education;
- Experience deploying and/or supporting online learning tools for a diversity of learners;
- Demonstrated ability to create systems and process to support effective management of the LMS and other learning technology tools;
- Experience and/or expertise in social justice education, decolonial approaches to technology and education, and/or eliminating oppressive (racist, sexist, ableist, etc.) barriers to education;
- Evidence of effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Project management skills, excellent coordinating and organizational skills;
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS, MS Office Suite (2010 +), Google Suite;
- Knowledge of audio, video and video conferencing;
- Knowledge of information security and intellectual property;
- Knowledge of technical system integration;
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to assess, triage and/or resolve technical issues;
- Experience training others in the use of technology tools;
- Experience in higher education (preferred);
- Knowledge of Student Information Systems (preferred).
Please submit a proposal (no longer than 5 pages) with the following information:
- Description of consultant/team-name and contact information.
- Description of consultant/team’s credentials and expertise in this kind of project.
- Description of consultant/team’s credentials and expertise in with diverse populations.
- Please identify which of the activities (of the activities listed above) you/your team would be most qualified to provide and describe your experience and/or approach delivering similar services.
- Listing of at least 3 recent references with whom you successfully implemented a similar project. Please include contact information and 2-3 sentence description of services.
- Any dates that you are not available to provide services during the months of January through July 2021.
Proposals will be accepted until the contract is awarded.
Please submit responses to Steven James, Chief Academic Officer/Dean, at Steven.James@goddard.edu .
Please contact Steve James with any questions about this engagement.