Goddard College, a private, non-profit, low residency college with locations in the states of Vermont and Washington, is seeking proposals for a Senior Instructional Designer who will provide instructional design expertise and support to projects, as well as consultations with faculty and staff. This position is a remote full-time, 6-month contract to design and develop instructional strategies and content to benefit Goddard College’s new online learning environment. This position is expected to work collaboratively and creatively with faculty and staff to build and enhance the College’s programs. This position will receive $50,000 for the work of this project.
Goddard College understands that creating a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment requires constant effort on the part of all members of our community.
We are looking for an individual or firm that can assist us in creating forms of electronically supported synchronous and asynchronous instruction including courses that are entirely online, hybrid, or technology-enhanced, Web-based learning, virtual interactive education, audio, video, Smartboards, lecture tools, collaboration tools, assessment tools and digital asset management.
About the Goddard College
The mission of Goddard College is to advance cultures of rigorous inquiry, collaboration, and lifelong learning, where individuals take imaginative and responsible action in the world.
Scope of Work
We are requesting that the services will provide at the very minimum:
- Coordinate and design templates, models, policies and procedures for transcripts, packets, narrative feedback, group studies, study plans, practicums and internships, and portfolios;
- Create and implement evaluation framework for curriculum;
- Collaborate with internal academic subject matter experts and faculty on content creation;
- Design interactive online professional development curriculum for Goddard College’s faculty members, selecting the most effective delivery methodology;
- Work with a wide range of population differences to support different ways of knowing, learning, and being;
- Develop content on topics such as online learning, social justice, diversity & inclusion, experiential education and compliance;
- Deliver pilot of professional development modules and create implementation plan for deliveries, including train-the-trainer as needed;
- Plan and implementation of that plan to support diverse students and faculty in an online learning environment based upon universal design principles.
Evaluation of Proposal
Proposal evaluation criteria will include but are not limited to:
- Quality of the proposal
- Quality of the proposed methodology
- Qualifications and experience of personnel
- The general approach and plans to meet the requirements of the RFP
- Prior performance of the proposer on projects of similar scope and size
- Proof of insurance
- Proven knowledge of, and successful implementation of similar projects
- More specific qualification includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Web Development or other related degree with at least four years related experience/training (Master’s preferred);
- Minimum of three years directly-related experience designing and implementing technology-enhanced learning, with a diversity of learners;
- Broad knowledge of instructional design relevant to higher education, course design for online/hybrid courses, universal design principles, accessibility standards and assessment;
- Experience and/or expertise in social justice education, decolonial approaches to technology and education, and/or eliminating oppressive (racist, sexist, ableist, etc.) barriers to education;
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS, MS Office Suite (2010 +), Google Suite;
- Knowledge of graphic design software;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), customer service, collaboration and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of social media tools and effective uses in teaching and learning;
- Knowledge of audio, video and video conferencing;
- Knowledge of multiple media to incorporate into classroom or LMS;
- Experience training others in the use of technology tools;
- Knowledge of technical system integration (preferred);
- o Experience in higher education (preferred).
Please submit a proposal (no longer than 5 pages) with the following information:
- Description of consultant/team-name and contact information.
- Description of consultant/team’s credentials and expertise in this kind of project
- Description of consultant/team’s credentials and expertise in with diverse populations.
- Please identify which of the activities (of the activities listed above) you/your team would be most qualified to provide and describe your experience and/or approach delivering similar services.
- Listing of at least 3 recent references with whom you successfully implemented a similar project. Please include contact information and 2-3 sentence description of services.
- Any dates that you are not available to provide services during the months of January through July 2021.
Proposals will be accepted until the contract is awarded.
Please submit responses to Steven James, Chief Academic Officer/Dean, at Steven.James@goddard.edu .
Please contact Steve James with any questions about this engagement.