Temporary, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / $17.00 @ hr. / Not Benefit Eligible
Under direction of the Chef Manager, assist in food preparation/dishwashing/and kitchen cleaning and maintenance. To provide an excellent overall dining experience for Goddard Café guests and community members during academic residencies. 37.5 hours are guaranteed during residencies with additional hours available at the Cafe during opening hours of operation.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in meal service
- Ensure safe handling of food
- Participate in inventory and proper food rotation procedures
- Facilitate with kitchen opening/closing procedures
- Aid in general kitchen operations in absence of Chef Manager
- Be available for scheduled residencies, including preparation and closeout
- Other duties as assigned by Chef Manager
Supervision is received from the Chef Manager
- Experience cooking vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals is desired
- Desired working knowledge of the local food movement and sustainable kitchen practices
- Sous chef or other kitchen management experience
- Ability to contribute to menu design and implementation
- ServSafe certification preferred
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.