Classification: Non-Exempt, Union
Reports to: Director, IT Services
Salary Range: $17.00 @ hour
Position Title: Information Technology Support Specialist II
The IT Support Specialist II provides support and instruction for the use of the intranet and technology resources and works collaboratively with the IT staff to ensure the optimal functioning of the College’s IT services. This positon also acts as the focal point for managing end-user devices (laptops and PCs) and has primary responsibility for updating and maintaining the IT Asset Tracking system.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Prepare new personal computing equipment according to established standards. Install standard software (e.g., anti-virus, Microsoft Office) and work with the end user to ensure that any position specific software is acquired and properly installed.
- Support basic configuration changes to the College phone system (phone relocations, extension assignment, general user database maintenance) and work collaboratively with the IT Department and users to make recommendations for improvements
- Instruct and support students, staff, and faculty in the use of various information technology resources
- During residencies, act as a rotating member of the IT Computer Lab staff; assisting users with IT-related issues. This will require some staggered work hours to ensure coverage, including some weekend shifts.
- Support Goddard’s academic residencies in Port Townsend and Seattle, Washington. Participate in a support rotation by traveling to both locations (3-6 trips per year). While at these remote campus locations:
- Setup and configure network and computing equipment prior to the residency
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with IT troubleshooting and tutorial support
- Coordinate activities with the Plainfield campus to ensure adequate coverage and responsiveness
- Perform various systems administration tasks, including software upgrades and back-ups
- Participate in IT instructional programs and develop and implement support tutorials
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to information technology resources
- Provide support for desktop computer applications
- Collaborate with IT staff to creatively solve problems, to continuously improve services to all constituents (students, staff and faculty) and to develop new IT initiatives
- Other related duties, as assigned
Supervision is received from the Director of Information Technology
Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills are acquired.
- Excellent organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Able to effectively manage time and work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize problems according to their level of impact on the organization, and to address problems appropriately according to this prioritization
- Strong working knowledge of desktop applications and learning technologies
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems, networking, and software
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, students, and/or outside individuals/organizations
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and greater community
- Ability to exercise judgment and confidentiality in matters of the College
- This position is a swing shift position requiring the IT Support Specialist to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends during student residencies
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE
APPLICATION DUE DATE – open until filled.
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.