Regular, Full-time, Non-Union, Benefit Eligible, 40 Hrs. @ wk.
To perform a variety of Human Resources functions, particularly as related to benefits, payroll, recruitment, and compliance administration, and to ensure that the general activities of the department function smoothly.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Benefits Administration: serve as primary contact with benefit providers;respond to staff and faculty benefits questions; update human resources information system (HRIS) software annually with new benefit rates; correspond with benefit insurance representatives to ensure timely enrollments, terminations, and billing accuracy; prepare benefit-related reports; administer benefits in HR software
- Open Enrollment: plan, direct, and supervise all activities related to open enrollment with Goddard employees, Business Office, and other HR Staff
- Payroll: responsible for some staff payroll and all employee benefit deductions in HRIS software; work with supervisors and employees to ensure timely and accurate forms submission; manage payroll with HR and Business Office staff to support timely and accurate biweekly employee compensation; resolve system errors by communicating directly with HRIS representatives
- New & Returning employee paperwork and orientations: conduct orientations and ensure that paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner; provide new employee detailed benefits overview and respond to follow up questions; responsible for timely insurance benefits enrollments and employee insurance payroll deductions
- Staff Letters of Appointment: In collaboration with Management, draft new hire letters
- Intranet Site Maintenance: Work with other HR staff to design and maintain the human resources intranet site
- Compliance: Process and ensure compliance with the following: Worker’s Compensation, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, MEDICARE, DOL, IRS, Unemployment, Wage Garnishments, and COBRA; keep abreast of employment laws and practices. Process unemployment claims.
- Wellness Committee / HR Advisory Committee / Staff Council: In collaboration with the CFAO or their designee, participate in or chair committees and spearhead wellness-related Goddard initiatives.
- Ergonomics: advise staff and faculty on ergonomic adjustments to comply with OSHA guidelines
- Recruitment: In collaboration with the HR Department, oversee and process college recruitment, including advertising
- HR Office Administration: provide customer service, maintain personnel files; assist in the preparation and maintenance of various reports, surveys, files, documents, policies, procedures, manuals; coordinate work with other HR staff to ensure consistent and timely functions of department
- Cross Training: willingness and ability to cross train in other departmental duties & functions
- Other duties: as assigned
General supervision is received from the Faculty Affairs Senior Administrator or their designee
- AA/AS/BA in human resources management, or a closely related field and a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience (preferably in Human Resources)
- Demonstrated professionalism and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to exercise judgment and capacity to professionally handle emotionally-charged employee situations
- Possession of a strong ethical foundation, aligned with college’s mission
- An ability to work well under pressure; excellent organization and prioritization skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; an ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Possession of excellent communication skills including: verbal, written, and presentation
- Demonstrated advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications; competence in HRIS data management, ADP WorkforceNow preferred; willingness and ability to learn additional applications and programs
- Familiarity with general Human Resources laws and principles, an ability to research, interpret, and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws; familiarity with Collective Bargaining Agreement compliance
- An ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal and financial documents
- An ability to interface and interact with diverse individuals, to respond to and resolve common inquiries and complaints from personnel; an ability to communicate with vendors, providers, and regulatory agencies
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone
- A demonstrated ability to relate to others warmly and respectfully during first meetings and beyond; demonstrated evidence of and a sensitivity to understanding the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and the greater community
$38,000.00 – $43,000.00 annually
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we actively seek applications from qualified candidates, from groups currently underrepresented in our institution, for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.