Full Time, Temporary July – October, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / $18.50 @ Hr.
Goddard College strives to increase and maintain a diverse student body and workforce. Our commitment to these goals is reflected in our Mission, Values Statement, Strategic Plan, and other operating policies and procedures. In accordance with our Strategic Plan this position supports and is responsible for upholding a diverse, equitable, and culturally responsive environment. Our efforts are ongoing and we invite new community members to join our work on these essential goals.
In collaboration with the Help Desk Staff assist with all Help Desk services as they pertain to preparing, running and closing out our academic residencies. This position requires presence during residencies, including weekends, holidays, and occasional overnight coverage. The shift is 10 days on- Wednesday through the following Friday- followed by four days off.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with IT and Community Life staff to respond to student and faculty inquiries
- Maintains documentation related to technology support
- Ensures technology support during residency is available, providing in-session technology support
- Respond to urgent problems at front desk and bring in other staff and departments as necessary
- Responsible with IT and other Help Desk staff for all Audio Visual set-ups in campus meeting spaces; this includes computers, LCD projectors, conference phones, and sound equipment
- Assist the Help Desk IT Manager in Zoom administration, downloading and organizing recorded workshops to pass of the Academic Offices.
- Collaborate with other staff members to contribute to the Goddard student and community experience through developing effective Help Desk functions, communications and policies
- Collaborate with facilities to prepare dorm rooms and workshop spaces for student ADA accommodations
- Assist with other technology support, as needed
- Maintain Help Desk inventory, supply inventory, photocopier; handle any requests for additional supplies requested by students and faculty
- Responsible for Help Desk student residency equipment (e.g., video recorders, etc.); keep equipment properly maintained and accounted for, manage liability waivers and communicate with students about these items
- Responsible for tech support related to the synchronous aspect of online learning during residencies
- Other related duties, as assigned.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Community Life.
SUPERVISION EXERCISEDMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in business, IT, or related field; or significant related experience.
- Two to three years of experience in IT support, business, hospitality management, and/or systems management; strong written and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; and strong systems development skills;
- Relevant experience with audiovisual equipment including LCD projectors, speakers, mixers, and amps;
- successful experience managing multiple, ongoing projects with competing priorities;
- Demonstrated cultural humility and use of cultural responsiveness in in work settings
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills and an ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy and be nonjudgmental toward distressed individuals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (primarily Google, Microsoft, Zoom platforms, and telecommunication software)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency with languages in addition to English
- Experience with Canvas LMS and Anthology SIS or other LMS and SIS systems
- Two years of retail experience preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Positions open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.