Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat
February 16 - February 19
The annual Lighthouse Writers Conference & Retreat (LWC&R) will take place February 16-19, 2018 inPort Townsend, Washington. If you’re an MFAW alum of either Goddard’s MFAW program in Port Townsend, or in Plainfield, Vermont, we hope you’ll join us!
At the Lighthouse Writers Conference and Retreat (LWC&R), you’ll be able to revitalize your own work amid the richness of Goddard’s Port Townsend writing community at Fort Worden, while developing strong connections with fellow alumni and Goddard writers.
Come connect with writing colleagues, and with your own writing self in familiar and generative Port Townsend! Our conference will focus on writing and literature, and on sustaining the writing process. We will immerse ourselves in new writing practices that echo our Goddard residency experience.
- Opening panel with LWC&R returning participants
- Writing retreat opportunities, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft, master study, and experimental writing techniques
- Readings by MFAW faculty and the Goddard visiting writer, and participation in the visiting writer workshop
- A presentation of this year’s volume of Clockhouse, the national literary journal published by the CWC Alumni Association in partnership with Goddard College.
- A MFAW alumni-hosted reception
- An alumni-organized evening salon
Registration information is available here. Please note that this Conference & Retreat is capped at 15 participants and that registrations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis! Participants will make their own arrangements for meals and housing with on-campus meal options and both off-campus and on-campus housing options. Registration due date: Jan. 15, 2018.
Questions? Contact one of the Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat Coordinators: