Benefits Eligible / Exempt / Salary Range $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 @ yr. / 40 hrs. @ wk.
To facilitate the effective functioning and use of the colleges data management systems. To oversee IT consultants in the management and development the college’s IT infrastructure; facilitate the development and implementation of security and business continuity plans and procedures. To develop and manage a budget for information systems; to collaboratively work with relevant staff to ensure the optimal functioning of the college’s IT services.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide vision and leadership to align IT with the strategic plan and priorities of Goddard College.
- Lead the creation, revision, and activation of the Goddard College technology plan.
- Champion the equitable use of technology in ways that increase access and opportunity for diverse students, staff, and faculty.
- Support the college’s data management systems and data integration
- Recommend solutions to processes, technology and data systems that improves operational effectiveness for the college
- Oversee IT consulting firm to ensure the optimization and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Develop and manage a budget for the information systems group.
- Engage in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including maintaining adequate data backups and contingency plans and serving as on-call support during weekend residencies.
- Lead the development and implementation of security procedures to ensure a safe computing environment.
- Oversee the college’s telecommunications, including the wiring plant and PBX.
- Work closely with the CFAO, President and IT consulting firm to develop and implement a strategic plan for information systems.
- Collaborate with other IT staff to solve problems creatively, continuously improve services to system users, and develop new IT initiatives.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Goddard’s systems and data;
- Ensure incidents and services requests are handled in a timely manner;
- Oversee technology support for students, staff, and faculty.
- Manage, hire, develop, and motivate information technology staff
- Participate in project planning activities involving data and system integrations;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervision is received from the Chief Finance and Administration Officer.
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts;
- Experience with data management and analytics, business intelligence, application development methodologies, and technology architecture disciplines;
- Knowledge of and experience in managing Apache web servers and MySQL database servers.
- Experience in a managed network environment.
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, digital and IP telephony.
- Experience working collaboratively in a dynamic, service-oriented environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility in response to changing circumstances in a unique academic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems: CallFire, The Google Suite, ADP WorkforceNow, Netsuite, Square, Student Information Systems, Sonisweb, Powerfaids, EdConnect, SLATE, MS Windows User Database, NSLDS, eTapestry, and/or library catalog systems
- Knowledge of PHP or other web-friendly language.
- Experience with managed server environments.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, information technology, or related area.
TO APPLY: Click Here
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Goddard is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.