Full Time, 40 hrs. @ wk. / Exempt / Non-Union / Benefit Eligible
Provides leadership, planning and oversight for all aspects of the College’s financial, Information Technology and facility-related functions. Serves as an active member of the College’s executive leadership team as directed by the President.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the College’s financial directions, strategy, and policies.
- Oversee the budget processes by providing leadership in creatively and collaboratively developing the College’s budget within the mission of the College and in cooperation with the President and college leadership.
- Provide guidance, direction, and education for budget managers in developing and maintaining their department budgets.
- Communicate clear and concise rationales and information related to budgets to budget managers, the President, and others as appropriate.
- Keep budget managers, the President, other members of senior leadership, and the community updated regularly on the status of the budget by providing appropriate financial and informational data and reports.
- Provide leadership in developing and managing operating and capital budgets and a long-term financial planning process in cooperation with the President, and collaboration college leadership.
- Provide leadership and direction regarding investments and risk management; as well as accounting, tax, audit and compliance obligations.
- Prepare and present financial and informational data to the Board and Board committees.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the College.
- Serve as the liaison to Board and College committees as assigned by the President.
- Review and recommend contracts for the College to the President.
- Direct the campus’s facilities maintenance, custodial, and housekeeping services through the oversight of appropriate direct reports.
- Enter contracts and leases with outside organizations.
Capital Planning and Facilities:
- Responsible for operations of the Vermont campus including planning and oversight.
- Serve on various College committees as appropriate to carry out the capital planning work described above.
- Staff the Campus Planning Workgroup to prioritize and coordinate the College’s long-range facilities plan
- Plan, request and identify contractors for all major capital projects, including budgets.
- Recommend major facilities purchases.
- Work with the Director of Facilities and others as appropriate to establish work priorities and project schedules for major capital projects.
- Develop with outside professionals specifications for capital projects
- Oversee the process of obtaining and choosing among project quotes, for smaller projects, and bids, for larger projects.
- Liaise as required with a wide range of outside vendors, suppliers and service contractors to prepare for major capital projects to the point at which the project implementation is turned over to the Director of Facilities.
- Prepare related administrative/management reports.
- Work with others at the College to develop, manage, and review an on-going strategic plan and process, within the College’s educational mission.
- General Supervision of the information technology, facilities, and campus services departments
- Other related duties as assigned.
General supervision is received from the President.
Business Office, Facilities, Information Technology, Financial Aid
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance (Master’s degree preferred) plus six or more years of relevant experience. Higher education experience is strongly preferred.
Compensation will be negotiated with interested parties
To submit an application, submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to email@example.com
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.