Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat
Fri, Feb. 10 – Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, Port Townsend, Washington
It’s here! We are thrilled to announce the second annual Lighthouse Writers Conference and Retreat (LWC&R). Revitalize your own work amid the richness of Goddard’s Port Townsend writing community at Fort Worden, while developing strong connections with fellow alumni and Goddard writers.
Come connect with writing colleagues, and with your own writer-self, in familiar and generative Port Townsend! Our conference will focus on writing and literature, and on sustaining the writing process. We will immerse ourselves in new community writing practices that echo our Goddard residency experience.
- Opening panel with Sarah Kishpaugh, Alison Bailey, and Theresa Barker
- Writing retreat opportunities, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft, master study, and experimental writing techniques
- Readings by MFAW faculty and the Goddard visiting writer, and participation in the visiting writer workshop
- A presentation of this year’s volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national literary journal published by the CWC Alumni Association in partnership with Goddard College
- A MFAW alumni-hosted reception
- An alumni-organized evening salon
Registration information and forms are available at www.clockhousewriter.com. Participants will make their own arrangements for meals and housing. On-campus meal options will be available for purchase. There are options for both off-campus and on-campus housing arrangements this year.
If you’re an MFAW alum of either Goddard’s MFAW program in Port Townsend, Washington, or Plainfield, Vermont, we hope you’ll join us!
Registration for the Clockhouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (Goddard’s Plainfield, Vermont, campus, July 3 -7, 2017) will open on February 15, 2016.