By Kathryn Cullen-DuPont
It’s been wonderful to see the Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (LWC&R) come together and welcome the registrations of its first participants. February 12-15 promise to be four wonderful conference and retreat days on the Port Townsend program site, featuring:
- An opening panel featuring Sarah Kishpaugh, Alison Bailey, and Theresa Barker
- Writing retreat opportunities, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft, master study, and experimental writing techniques
- A MFAW alumni-hosted reception for faculty and current students
- An alumni-organized evening salon
- A reading and reception to celebrate the Pushcart Prize nominations from the 2015 volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national open-submissions literary journal published by the Clockhouse Writers’ Conference in partnership with Goddard College.
It’s not too late to register but registration does close on February 1, so please act quickly if you’d like to be among the founding attendees!
As one registration period closes, though, another does open: The Clockhouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (CWC&R) opens its registration on February 1. This year’s CWC&R will take place from June 27-July 1 on Goddard’s Plainfield, Vermont, campus. As always, this conference and retreat will feature:
Opening Plenary Panel
Stations of the World
Individual, Quiet Writing Time
Our Offering of a “Life After Goddard” Session for the MFAW Students
Invitation to the Visiting Writer and Visiting Professional Sessions
Preview Celebration of the 2016 Volume of CLOCKHOUSE
Hosting of the MFAW’s Closing Gathering
Clockhouse Writers’ Conference–the MFAW’s alumni association–is very happy to now offer two conference and retreat opportunities. Please know that both LWC&R and CWC&R are open to MFAW alumni from either the Vermont campus or the Pt. Townsend program site, and that look forward to seeing you!