Full Time. Non-Exempt, Union, 37.5 hours @ wk.
DEPARTMENT: Registrar’s Office
REPORTS TO: Registrar
SALARY RANGE: $22.00 @ hr.
RESIDENCY PERIODS: annually January-April (spring semester), July-October (fall semester)
SCHEDULE: M-F during non-residency periods (no weekends), W-Sun during residency (includes weekends)
WORK SITE: Office located in the Registrar Office on Goddard’s campus in Plainfield, VT-when not under state remote work guidelines, on campus work is expected at least three days per week. Under current Vermont COVID-19 guidelines, this position is a mix of onsite and remote work.
BASIC FUNCTION: Coordinate and oversee student record functions; provide enrollment related services. Support the Office of the Registrar’s efforts with regards to the College’s mission, strategic planning, and social justice and inclusion commitment.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Enrollment services certifications:
- Serve as a secondary (backup) VA School Certifying Official
- Serve as a tertiary (backup) SEVP Designated School Official
- Serve as a secondary (backup) Dual Enrollment | Early College Access Coordinator
- Assist in certifying enrollments for IPEDs, NSLC
- Assist in completion of written or verbal enrollment and degree verifications and other information requests
Understanding and implementation of FERPA:
- Comply with FERPA in job duties, and assist others with FERPA related questions/issues
- Complete annual FERPA training and certification
Coordinate administrative components of graduation for students:
- Review student records for graduation eligibility, assist with completeness
- Prepare diplomas (including replacement diplomas)
- Prepare summary report on student clearances for graduation
- Ensure diploma packages are mailed in a timely manner
- Provide advancement office a final graduation report with addresses
- Assist with the creation of residency commencement programs
- Collaborate with alumni office to provide alumni pins and welcome letters to graduates
Coordinate intent, pre-registration and registration:
- Determine student eligibility to enroll with program chairs/leads and registration offices
- Compile and circulate registration lists, distribute emergency contact information
- Communicate registration processes, deadlines and policies to students, faculty and staff
- Assess late fees (pre-reg, degree requirement, progress review) with student accounts
- Collaborate with admissions, IT and residency staff on new student registration
- Assist with residency readiness and planning-tasks, meetings & documentation
- In collaboration with the AAO office, keep academic sites updated with Registrar Office related registration notifications and deadlines
Coordinate enrollment management:
- Process enrollment changes (i.e., enrollment, LOA, academic probation, withdrawals, etc.) and notify enrollment staff in a timely manner
- Counsel students and faculty about enrollment options/policy
- Send scheduled and time sensitive enrollment related notices
- Follow-up with faculty regarding incomplete academic records
- Assist in counseling and documentation of degree completion plans with students
Coordinate transfer credit evaluations:
- Post and review transfer credits for incoming students in collaboration with admissions
- Assist in processing transcripts submitted by current students doing concurrent enrollment
- Ensure concurrent enrollment plans and expectations are documented per academic policy and procedures with students, program leads and in SIS
Coordinate the Apostille process:
- With the Secretary of State’s office in obtaining Apostilles for diplomas, academic verification documents and transcripts for acceptance to various countries
Coordinate mid-semester check-in:
- With faculty and program leads regarding student participation in the academic semester as outlined in the academic handbooks
Assist with coordinating electronic documentation:
- For office continuity of operations, student academic records storage and implementation of new electronic transcript processing
Collaborate with Progress Review & APL committees:
- Document and notify enrollment staff of eligibility to enroll
- Update enrollment level changes based on APL letters
Maintain student information system:
- Building and setting academic terms, rolling faculty & student terms, defining second readers and other enrollment related academic record tasks
- Perform routine database management audits, ensure electronic and paper records are maintained and organized in compliance with college, AVIC, NECHE and AACRAO specifications, and maintenance of paper files for data input and review
Implementation of new technologies (Parchment, SIS and LMS):
- Assist in conversion from paper academic files to electronic academic files
- Database management related to current and historical academic records
Obtain and maintain a Notary Public license:
- Will be paid for by Goddard College
- Maintain ongoing training to current Vermont notary law (as it relates to academic notarization) is expected
Assist with general clerical duties:
- Process transcript requests, collect/drop off mail, answer phones, assist with supplies purchases, filing and monitoring Registrar email
- Basic user support of Goddard technology platforms
Residency Cycle Support:
- Availability during in-person and/or virtual residency required
- Extended time off will not be approved during the residency cycle
Continuity of operations planning:
- Ongoing documentation of position procedures is expected and will be maintained for accuracy & providing equal services to all students.
Professional development opportunities:
- Webinar, trainings and/or certifications on standards from AVIC, AACRAO, NSLC, IPEDS, VA, SEVIS, FERPA, notary, student services, early college access, technology and other relevant as identified by the Registrar, professional interest or that become available
- Represent the Office of the Registrar on committees and workgroups as invited
- In absence of Registrar Records Coordinator, compile, write and process transcript requests
- In absence of the Registrar, coordinate signing documents by proxy, provide data to AAO for required reporting [National Student Clearinghouse, IPEDS, VA, NECHE, any needed]
- In the event of an emergency, this position may be asked to provide student or faculty rosters, identification badges or other data as requested by Goddard leadership
- Backup assistance with transcript/benchmark reviews; primarily done by the Registrar
- Backup coordinator of extensions; primarily done by the Registrar
- In the absence of the Registrar, step in as Acting Registrar in collaboration with the Academic Dean and Academic Affairs Office
Supervision is received from the Registrar.
- Education: Undergraduate degree and 3 – 5 years of experience in admissions and/or student records or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Technology: Demonstrated experience and facility with computerized higher education information systems (Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems) and databases, Parchment, Google suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office.
- Experience/demonstrated competencies: Good administrative skills, exceptional organizational skills, and attention to detail. Must be able to multitask and work on time-sensitive projects with competing deadlines. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups inside and outside of the College. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting College policies and procedures. Familiarity with Goddard’s educational approach and format preferred.
- Bilingual/multilingual preferred.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Upload Cover Letter with Resume. To Apply: Click Here
Position open until filled.
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.
This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.