Full Time, 40 hrs. @ wk. / Exempt / Non-Union / Benefit Eligible / $50,000 – $59,000 Annual Salary
Direct and manage all College buildings, grounds maintenance, and custodial functions; oversee new construction projects to ensure compliance with all internal and external regulations, standards, and requirements. This position requires a very hands-on task-oriented approach. The ability to work alongside those being supervised on a daily basis is a very necessary aspect of the position.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the specific building, grounds, and equipment/vehicle maintenance and custodial functions and services of the campus facilities, including operating policies, procedures, and methods. Develop and modify services and operating systems in accordance with the College’s needs and objectives.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff. Plan and conduct training programs and staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities, assign and review work, assist with complex or unusual tasks, and resolve problems. Plan staffing needs, masterwork schedules, and overtime budgets.
- Work with the Director of Campus Operations, planning all facilities operating budgets and various renovation project budgets.
- As needed, provide urgent responses to custodial issues or repairs, coordinating with other facilities staff members. Includes on-call times with a pager or the equivalent.
- Establish work priorities and project schedules.
- Supervise and monitor all regular department operations, including building custodial services, building/facility/equipment/vehicle maintenance and repair, grounds maintenance, landscaping, parking lots, and recycling.
- Plan and oversee facility safety programs and follow all applicable work safety and security procedures.
- Prepare specifications for outside contract bids. Serve as liaison with, and supervise work done by outside contractors.
- Direct and coordinate a preventive maintenance program.
- Establish and implement procedures to enhance the efficiency of biomass plant operations.
- Ensure compliance with various external requirements and guidelines about the operation of equipment and occupancy of buildings.
- Deal regularly with various outside vendors, suppliers, and service contractors, including negotiating contract terms and prices.
- Confer regularly with other senior administrators, department heads, and other College personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities/projects/ systems, exchange information, and investigate and resolve problems.
- Plan and administer/oversee appropriate records systems for all facilities’ operations and improvement projects.
- Keep abreast of current technical and management methods related to assigned functions.
- Internal management of the Biomass Plant and other physical plant projects
- Plan, implement and initiate campus rental contracts and create budgets, billing, and coordinate the support as needed from other areas of the college.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
General direction is received from the Director of Campus Operations.
Administrative and functional supervision of Maintenance and Custodial Teams.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field plus a minimum of ten years of experience in facilities operations and management or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are required.
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills relevant to physical plant management of a building and grounds complex, including experience in project planning, estimating and oversight, materials, and equipment purchasing, blueprint reading, and the like, and excellent working knowledge of the skilled trades. Technical training in engineering is desirable.
- Previous higher education or similar institutional experience desirable.
- Excellent planning, organizational, administrative, budget, and personnel management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a broad range of individuals/groups within and outside the College.
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.