Full Time, Exempt, Non-Union, Benefit Eligible
This position is located on our Vermont campus and the individual hired will be required to work out of an office located on Goddard’s campus in Plainfield, VT. Travel is required to Goddard College residency sites.
Oversee and provide strategic direction for Community Life and Student Services at all Goddard teaching and learning sites, inclusive of Title IX compliance, project management of Residency production, access and disability services, student and academic support services for retention, and emergency and crisis responses when residencies are in session. This position supports the College’s overall strategic plan to develop systems, processes, and programs that enhance the consistency and quality of the student’s education experience from acceptance through graduation. This position promotes social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in the work of Community Life and Student Services. This position will manage sensitive and confidential information, and interact with multiple constituents both within and outside the College as Goddard’s representative for Community Life and Student Services.
- Foster a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage effectively with those of other cultures, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Serve as the College Title IX Coordinator, ensuring compliance with Title IX and Community Life policies, by collecting and analyzing data, writing comprehensive reports, responding to complaints, and organizing investigations as needed. Educate and support the students, faculty, and staff regarding their rights and responsibilities under Title IX.
- Stay current with changes to Title IX legislation and implementation. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, as needed, to ensure Title IX reports are handled appropriately and in a timely manner, and coordinate with associated service providers as needed.
- Manage the systems for student conduct and non-academic grievances, including educating the community about related systems and maintaining a record of complaints and actions.
- Collaborate with relevant staff offices and academic leaders to ensure that the College’s website and official electronic and print documents contain current and consistent language regarding Title IX, misconduct, non-discrimination, and other Community Life-related language.
- Lead the College’s production of residencies, including debriefing with stakeholders, facilitating planning meetings, and coordinating across departments to ensure a smooth rollout to the community.
- Develop and manage Community Life (inclusive of ADS) and Help Desk budgets.
- Review and revise Community Life, Student Services, and Title IX policies annually.
- Participate in College policies and outcomes reviews.
- Assure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of Community Life and Student Services, policies, protocols, and other information, including the College’s website, student handbooks, Canvas, and other communications venues as appropriate.
- Develop and manage an ongoing assessment process for student and community life practices, processes, and outcome measures in light of the College’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Develop and maintain outcome measures relevant to the work of the Community Life office.
- Facilitate, in collaboration with other areas of the College and in the context of current best practice, the assessment, and development of emergency and crisis response plans and protocols unique to Goddard.
- Participate in leadership committees.
- Facilitate the ongoing assessment process for enacting residency-based and other organizational improvements in student services, in conjunction with staff managers and academic leaders (including coordination with HR on relevant training options for staff and faculty).
- Provide support and expertise to the College’s instructional sites with regard to the hiring, training, and evaluation of Student Life, Student Services, Help Desk, and Residency staff.
- Evening and weekend hours required when students are on campus to respond to specific incidents from Student Life, Help Desk and other on-site staff,.
- Position will involve occasional travel to the College’s instructional sites to oversee Community Life, Student Services, and Title IX functions to ensure the consistency and quality of support to students across all the College’s locations.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Provost.
This position reports to the Provost
Hiring, training, and performance evaluation of Help Desk, Student Life, and Student Services; as well as Writing Center Coaches; and other positions that may be added, at all College locations. Supervision may be delegated for some sites.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, education, higher education administration, legal or paralegal studies, conflict management, student affairs, sociology, or a related field.
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds, to promote social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience in higher education student services.
- Supervisory experience relevant to the job description.
- Experience investigating allegations of sexual misconduct is preferred, as is experienced in working with victims of sexual misconduct, domestic violence, and/or other types of trauma.
- Ability to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data, draw conclusions, and communicate findings effectively.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and practices.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and a commitment to social justice in higher education.
- Computer literacy and technical aptitude are required.
COMPENSATION: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 annually
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and resume.
TO APPLY: Click Here
Position open until filled.
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. The institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.