Part-time, 20 hrs. @ wk. / Benefit Eligible / $22,000 annually
The Alumni Relations Director is responsible for communications and outreach for Goddard College to nurture its alumni. This role has primary responsibility for developing communication and outreach strategies to build the alumni community. This position oversees, plans, and executes alumni activities both nationwide and in targeted regions across the country to enhance alumni engagement and cultivate connections. The Director can independently make decisions related to advancing alumni relations as well as hiring/terminating volunteers or employees.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and implement the governance and operations of the Official Goddard College Alumni Association
- Serve as inaugural President of the Alumni Association and populate other governance positions
- Promote Alumni Association events and encourage other alumni to attend
- Develop and implement a communication plan for alums, create messaging and materials for action
- Coordinate, design, and implement effective strategies targeted to the College’s alumni to keep them informed and engaged in the College
- Establish fundraising campaigns and opportunities for alums
- Manage media relations and communications, which includes developing new relationships as well as fostering existing ones, including the College eNews and blogs (in collaboration w/ Digital Media Coordinator) and Alumni Surveys
- Manage and write all Direct Mail Appeals and eAppeals, and manage all department communications
- Manage and maintain the Alumni website and serve as content creator and manager
- Develops and manages an effective volunteer management system that supports the objective of engaging alumni in meaningful volunteer opportunities and serving as a source of alumni talent and resources for students, faculty, and staff
- Hire, coordinate, and supervise volunteers or employees
- Assists the President’s office in outreach efforts to alumni
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities
- Attend and assist with graduation commencements as well as introducing and inviting graduating students to be contributing alums
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate the execution of various fundraising campaigns and events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives
- Plan, implement, and promote College Events and activities, including Alumni Weekend, Alumni Regional Chapter Events, and Presidential Travel
- Capture and maintain information from alumni, and track alumni engagement and participation using the contact databases and donor management system
- Prepare and ensure accurate records and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan
- May include ensuring database management systems for accurate records and reporting of metrics for fundraising, communications, and outreach activities and other required data for Board reports, financial reporting, etc…
- Collaborate with the President’s Office on developing financial budgets for alumni relations and administering budget activities
- Serves on the Alumni Association. May also serve on other College and Board Committees as assigned by the President.
Director of Marketing
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in communications and alumni relationships.
- Supervision or people management experience.
- Proven capacity to motivate others and lead a team effectively toward a goal.
- Proven capacity to organize and coordinate events and travel.
- Exemplary written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write compellingly about the mission, values, vision, and strategic direction of the College.
- Basic database management skills, ability to develop proficiency with eTapestry, Slate, or similar software.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and Constant Contact or similar software
- Ability to prioritize work in response to multiple requests from individuals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate and build partnerships across diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and confidentiality in matters of the College.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to others warmly and respectfully on first meeting and beyond.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible and changing work schedule, including travel and working on weekends; ability to travel by air, train, car, or bus for College business for up to a week at a time, throughout the year.
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.