Readmission of Former Students
Any former student who has been out of attendance for two semesters must apply for readmission in order to return. Readmission to the college is not automatic. All applications receive a thorough academic and community life review. Any unpaid student accounts must be paid in full prior to your re-entry.
1. Complete a New Online Application for Admission
- The application fee is waived for students who seek re-admissions within five years of withdrawal from Goddard College.
- If you’ve been away from Goddard for five years or more, you must submit the application fee unless you’ve completed your application by the Priority Application Deadline (see the appropriate academic program page for deadlines).
2. Application Essay
- Write an essay describing the reason for your withdrawal from Goddard College and the steps you’ve taken to ensure your successful return. Graduate student essays should articulate the ways in which you propose to update your degree plan (ie, Study Plan as a Whole).
- You must authorize the Office of Admissions to access your Goddard Academic Record for the purposes of a readmission evaluation. This includes your semester narrative evaluations and any progress review reports. Authorization is made on the Additional Questions section of the Online Application for Admission.
- Order transcripts and other official records (such as CLEP scores) for credits earned since your departure from Goddard College. These must be submitted by the credit-awarded institution directly to Goddard College, Office of Admissions, 123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667.
4. Letter of Recommendation
- One (1) letter of recommendation must be submitted in support of your application. We encourage letters from former Goddard faculty advisors or from someone familiar with the work you’ve done since departing the college.
- Recommenders must send letters of support directly to the Office of Admissions. Email email@example.com or mail to the Admissions Office, Goddard College, 123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667.