Shoreline to Goddard Transfer
A flexible pathway to a bachelor’s degree
Information for graduates of Shoreline Community College
Goddard is a leader in transformative education that joins individual learning with action in the world. We cultivate knowledge, skills, and strategies that respond effectively to the changing needs of communities and circumstances.
Students who graduate with the following Shoreline Community College degrees are guaranteed admission to Goddard College’s Individualized Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts in Education, Bachelor of Arts in Health Arts & Sciences, and Bachelor of Arts in Sustainability degree tracks:
- Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (AA-DTA)
- Associate in Fine Arts (AFA)
- Associate in Music (AM)
- Associate in Science Transfer (AS-T)
Students who graduate from Shoreline’s AA-DTA in English/Creative Writing are guaranteed admission in the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program.
- Complete the Online Application for Admission and upload your application essay. The application fee is waived for Shoreline Community College graduates.
- Submit your official transcripts. Ask that the registrar submit transcripts directly to the Goddard College Office of Admissions. In addition to submitting your official Shoreline Community College transcripts, please also send transcripts from any previously attended college or university.
- Schedule an admission interview with a counselor. Interviews are designed to better familiarize you with Goddard’s educational model and the expectations for student-designed, independent learning.
Contact an admissions counselor today at 800.906.8312 or request more information here.
About Goddard College
Nestled in rural Vermont, Goddard is a small college for plain living and hard thinking. Goddard is recognized for innovation in education. Its mission is to advance the theory and practice of learning by undertaking new experiments based upon the ideals of democracy and the principles of progressive education asserted by John Dewey. At Goddard, students are regarded as unique individuals who will take charge of their learning and collaborate with other students, staff, and faculty to build a strong community. Goddard encourages students to become creative, passionate, lifelong learners, working and living with an earnest concern for others and the welfare of the Earth.
Low-residency education offers the best of what distance education, online programs, and traditional campus-learning offer: you will have the flexibility to study from home while also being a part of a living, breathing community of learners, faculty, staff and alumni – the larger community of Goddard College.
The progressive pedagogy at Goddard encourages students to pursue areas of unique interest that contribute to the global community and the earth through holistic and multidisciplinary approaches to learning.
- Flexibility: Goddard offers a flexible degree program that allows you to pursue a degree without uprooting or disrupting your life.
- Community: Spend 8 days of intensive study per semester in a community of your peers.
- Individualized Learning: Earn a degree that intimately connects the life you’re living with what you’re learning, and study that is directly relevant to the life you want to live.