International Students

Goddard College welcomes applications from international students. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement authorizes Goddard College to issue the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) students and, therefore, to admit and enroll students to programs offered from Goddard’s Plainfield, Vermont campus.

Goddard College offers its program in a low-residency format. Each semester begins with a required eight-day residency in which students can participate virtually from home or onsite. After the residency students to complete the work of the semester from their home under the supervision of the faculty advisor. It is important to note the following:

  1. Because of the non-traditional format of Goddard’s required residency as well as the structure of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) which is designed only for traditional full-time residential programs, Goddard can only issue an I-20 that is valid for the duration of the residency plus adequate travel time to and from campus. As such, international students enrolled at Goddard College cannot remain in the U.S. between residencies under the I-20 and/or F-1 visa.
  2. Goddard is required to issue a new I-20 to an international each semester they are enrolled and, therefore, students are required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200) in advance of each semester in order that a new, semester-specific, I-20 can be generated and issued to the student for travel purposes.
  3. No Optional Practical Training (OPT) is available to international students at Goddard and Goddard College does not issue I-20 certificates for F2 dependents (or, spouses or children) of I-20 / F1 visa holders.

Goddard College’s Admissions Office staff is well-trained to assist prospective international students and the Registrar can also be contacted at with specific questions related to international student enrollment.

The following resources also provide valuable information related to the processes and regulations surrounding international student enrollment:

Basic Information
Study in the States
Payment of the I-901 Fee
Visa Requirements (Canadians and Bermudans)
Visa Requirements (Non-Canadians or Bermudans)
Traveling to the U.S.


Transcripts from institutions outside of the United States or presented in a language other than English must be evaluated by one of the two approved agencies listed below. These agencies specialize in translating international credits into Carnegie units, the system used in the United States to assess collegiate attainment.

  • Education Credential Evaluators, Inc., 414-289-3400,
  • World Education Services, 212-966-6311,

Learn More

We can send you more information about your program of interest or if you're ready, start your application

Get Info Apply Now