The Friend of Goddard Grant invites members of the Goddard community to recommend friends or colleagues for admission to any of Goddard’s degree programs. Recommended applicants who are offered admission to the College will be awarded a one-time $1,000 grant dispersed over two semesters.
To be awarded a Friend of Goddard Grant, applicants:
- Must be a first-time applicant for admission to Goddard College.
- Must have a personal relationship with an alumni, staff member, current or former Goddard trustee, faculty member, or program director who will write one of the applicant’s recommendation letters as part of the admissions process. This letter must be received before the application has been reviewed in order for the applicant to be considered for the Friend of Goddard Grant.
To avoid conflicts of interest:
- Program directors and faculty members cannot write letters of recommendation for applicants to the program(s) with which they are affiliated.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written for an immediate family member.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written by currently enrolled students.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should notify their admissions counselors of their intent to seek a Friend of Goddard Grant.
Recommenders may submit letters of recommendation online.
Letters should include the following:
- “Friend of Goddard” written at the top of the letter.
- The recommender’s name and contact information (include a phone number and email address)
- A description of the recommender’s relationship with the College (alumni, staff, faculty, etc.)
- The name of the applicant, the recommender’s relationship to this person, and why the writer recommends the applicant for Goddard
NOTE: This letter must be received before the application has been reviewed in order for the applicant to be considered for the Friend of Goddard Grant.
Friend of Goddard Grants are awarded as funds are available. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.906.8312.