On May 13, 2016, the Burlington College Board of Trustees voted to close the college’s programs effective May 27, 2016. Goddard College has agreed to accept currently enrolled Burlington College bachelor’s and master’s degree students into its programs. Goddard will accept all credits in transfer from Burlington College and will make every effort to work with students to develop a plan of study such that a student’s completion date will not be unduly delayed.
- Undergraduate students with less than sixty credits may choose to attend Goddard Undergraduate Program (includes the Individualized BA, BA in Health Arts & Sciences, and BA in Sustainability).
- Students beyond the Associate Degree level may choose to attend Goddard’s Undergraduate Program, Education Program (BA in Education), Psychology & Counseling Program (BA in Psychology), or BFA in Creative Writing Program.
- Students pursuing the Master of Arts degree at Burlington College may matriculate as graduate students in Goddard College’s graduate programs, including the Individualized Master of Arts, MA in Education, MA in Health Arts & Sciences, MA in Social Innovation & Sustainability, MA in Psychology, MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MFA in Creative Writing and MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts.
- Burlington College remains accredited until Dec. 31, 2016. Students with a single semester to complete may choose to fulfill degree requirements at Goddard and have those credits transferred to Burlington prior to Dec. 31 if they wish to receive a Burlington College degree.
- If you are a currently enrolled Burlington College student, you do not need to apply for admission to Goddard College. There is no application fee for Burlington College transfer students. Goddard also waives the requirement for letters of recommendation and admission essay.
- Please share your intent to enroll with Burlington College officials and complete Goddard’s Intent to Enroll Form. By completing this form, you confirm your intent to transfer into Goddard’s graduate or undergraduate program to complete the requirements for the bachelor’s or master’s degree. You authorize the Office of Admissions to contact you via phone or email to complete the enrollment process.
- Burlington College will transfer your academic records to Goddard College. Transcripts will be sent directly to Goddard College, Office of Admissions, 123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The low-residency model removes the barriers between living your life and learning. In our low-residency model, each semester begins with an eight-day residency on our campus in Plainfield, Vermont. Following the residency, there are 16 weeks of independent work and self-reflection in close collaboration with a faculty advisor and course mentors.
Your residency week offers seminars, meetings with your advising groups, workshops, one-on-one meetings with your advisors, and presentations. You’ll connect with faculty, practitioners in the mental health field, and your fellow students. You can be both collegial and contemplative; you immerse yourself in fellowship and community one moment, but the tranquility of a woodland trail or the Vermont landscape is never more than a two-minute walk away.