Full Time, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / Benefit Eligible / $16.88 @ hr.
To serve as the first point of contact and counsel prospective students and applicants through the inquiry and application process and collaborate with others to support enrollment. Respond to questions about and track continuing education enrollment. 30% of overall counseling load as determined by Admissions Director accounting for projected number of applications, semester start dates and program complexity.
Requires some weekend and evening work and allows for part-time remote work, with at least 5-10 days/month on campus as determined by the Admissions Director.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond within 1 business day to all online and telephone inquiries,
- Develop and send automated messages from Slate in accordance with shared admissions team practices and protocols.
- Manage and track inquiries and applicants in Slate, including checking and responding to inquiries daily.
- Ensure that applications are completed and reviewed as quickly as possible, including regular contact with applicants and reviewers.
- Ensure that applications and other materials, e.g. transfer credit evaluations, financial awards, etc., are complete prior to entering final decision in Slate.
- Provide basic Slate support for applicants, accepted students, faculty reviewers and other College staff as needed, including referral to Associate Director as needed.
- Support and ensure contact with admitted students up to the point of registration.
- Communicate with and counsel prospective students with cultural sensitivity and respect.
- Promote academic programs by representing the College via email, phone, and in person.
- Manage and provide detailed information to prospective students through the enrollment cycle.
- Attend and represent Goddard College at Admissions events as assigned.
- Collaborate with and provide clear and concise communications to Program Directors and appropriate faculty members.
- Plan and implement recruiting events as assigned.
- Participate in and support College-wide events as assigned.
- Embrace the Goddard College mission and pedagogical principles, and stay up to date and informed about all of Goddard’s programs.
- Collaborate with Director and other Admissions staff to ensure coverage for counseling load during own planned absences.
- Collaborate with Director and other Admissions staff to ensure coverage for counseling load for during others’ unplanned absences.
- Travel for recruiting or training as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervision is received from the Director of Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- Experience with, or ability to learn to work in Slate user interface and other data management systems
- Experience and ease with communication/office applications such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc
- Strong interpersonal , active listening, and collaboration skills
- Excellent attention to details, organization, and time management
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Works well independently, with minimal direction
- Excellent remote communications and collaboration skills: phone, zoom, discord/slack, regular information sharing and check-ins.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability and desire to understand Goddard’s unique mission, pedagogy and programs
- Generally easy-going and resilient
- Generous with time, patience and resources with colleagues and prospective students
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.