Student Life Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
CLASSIFICATION: (Non Exempt – residency based – part-time)
SALARY RANGE: $4.20 – 4.90 hr. (pager), 12.00 – 12.50 hr. (administrative), $20.00/ hr (active or on-site with pager)
POSITION TITLE: Student Life Coordinator
Collaborate with students, staff, faculty, program directors and administrators to assist with the development, delivery and assessment of programs and services related to residency Student Life.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wellness, Counseling
- Support on-going mental health and wellness services for students during
- Facilitate response to individual student and community crises during
- Develop and maintain resources for response to students mental physical health needs during
- Facilitate recreational and social events during each residency as
- Coordinate student transportation in health emergencies, sobriety support or other wellbeing related matter (e.g. religious services/ observances).
- Understand and support the parameters regarding
- Work with Accessibility Support Coordinator to assist students with ADA, or other special
- Community Life Agreements
- Communicate agreements to community
- Facilitate resolution of student-to-student or student-to-faculty/ staff conflicts
- Respond to violations of agreements through accountability structure defined in Goddard Community Life Agreements.
- Address behavior issues that emerge during residencies that are not addressed in Goddard Community Life Agreements.
- Student Leadership and Participation
- Organize and Co-Facilitate all student community meetings with Student Council Representative(s).
- Assist students in implementing their community life programs (mentoring, dorm meetings, work projects, )
- Actively support facilitation of the New Student Orientation
- Crisis Response
- Participate in campus safety drills
- Understand and be able to implement Campus Safety protocols
- Assist in the coordination of overall response to individual student and/ or community crises during
- Complete and keep secure incident
- Participate in pager support rotation during the residency
- Other duties as assigned
Director of Student Services
- Bachelor degree plus significant experience working or volunteering in crisis response areas
- demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent listening skills
- strong communication and organizational skills
- experience working with confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- ability to work long and/ or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- computer literacy (primarily Google platforms)
- ability to find and share information, file reports, and submit timesheets
- valid driver’s
- Master degree in social work, psychology, or other human services area
- training in mediation and group facilitation
- experience working in a higher education
Application Instructions: To apply, please prepare the following materials and click here: Click Here
- cover letter
- three prior or current employment references (name, contact information, and relationship to you)
Application Due Date: Qualified applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.