Temporary Residency Position December 2021-February 2022 / 20-40 hrs. @ wk. /Non-Exempt/ $20.00 @ hr.
The Site Coordinator supports the Director, Extended and Online Learning to produce Goddard residencies for Goddard students and faculty in Port Townsend, primarily overseeing residency logistics and the Resource Desk Office.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Director, Extended and Online Learning with planning and implementation of Port Townsend based residencies.
- Support hiring, training and supervision of Resource Desk staff (4 – 6 temporary employees).
- Work with Director, Extended and Online Learning to complete pre-residency logistics including residency schedule review, staffing, housing assignments, meeting spaces, vehicle rentals, supply ordering, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Assist with management of housing and meeting space reservations with Fort Worden Hospitality, based on student enrollment projections.
- Assign housing and meeting spaces for students, faculty, staff and program guests in advance of residencies.
- Communicate with students and faculty regarding residency planning.
- Communicate with program guests regarding travel, housing, meals, workshop needs, AV support.
- Monitor residency schedule to anticipate logistical needs of students, faculty and guests.
- Maintain a high-visibility presence during 8-day residency programs.
- Oversee room set ups, in collaboration with PDA Hospitality.
- Maintain inventory for Port Townsend office and residencies; order supplies, stock and maintain equipment for computer lab, Resource Desk, etc.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and petty cash statements.
- Produce receptions, special events, guest workshops, commencement ceremony in collaboration with Director, Extended and Online Learning as needed.
- Maintain and update office workflow tools and other documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from Director, Extended and Online Learning – Port Townsend.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and greater community.
- Highly organized, dependable, and able to work independently.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of interpersonal skills with staff, faculty, students and the broader communities; capacity to communicate tactfully and with diplomacy.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Google Apps and cloud-based systems.
- A strong interest in the arts across disciplines, and commitment to supporting / engaging with a diverse community of artists and learners.
- Must be willing and able to work some weekends and evenings during residency weeks as needed.
- Familiar with local community resources, including emergency services.
- Supervise residency set-up and break-down; this may include lifting and moving equipment and furniture.
- Second language proficiency preferred.
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.