Site Coordinator – Port Townsend, WA
JOB STATUS: Part-time
REPORTS TO: Port Townsend Campus Director
Works with Campus Director to produce Goddard residencies for graduate students in Port Townsend, primarily overseeing residency logistics. Supervises Resource Desk Staff associated with residencies.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Campus Director in the year-round planning and implementation of Port Townsend based residencies. (currently four residencies annually)
- Hire, train, supervise and provide leadership to Resource Desk (4 – 6 temporary employees)
- Work with Campus Director to complete pre-residency logistics including residency schedule review, staffing, housing assignments, meeting spaces, vehicle rentals, supply ordering, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Manage housing and meeting space reservations with Fort Worden PDA year-round, based on student enrollment projections.
- Assign housing and meeting spaces for students, faculty, staff and program guests in advance of residencies.
- Communicate with students and faculty regarding residency planning.
- Communicate with program guests regarding travel, housing, meals, workshop needs, AV support.
- Monitor residency schedule to anticipate logistical needs of students, faculty and guests.
- Maintain a high-visibility presence during 8 day residency programs.
- Oversee room set ups, in collaboration with PDA.
- Maintain inventory year round for Port Townsend office and residencies; order supplies, stock and maintain equipment for computer lab, Resource Desk, etc.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and Petty Cash statements.
- Work with Campus Director to implement emergency plans in the case of injury, weather emergency or other emergency where the safety of residency participants may be at risk.
- Produce receptions, special events, guest workshops, Commencement ceremony in collaboration with Campus Director as needed.
- Support Admissions efforts; coordinate Visiting Days for prospective students, stocking brochures and packets, responding to inquiries via phone, and email.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly organized, dependable, and able to work independently.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Demonstrated ability in supervisory capacity.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals including students, faculty, college staff, vendors and the general public.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Google Apps and cloud-based systems.
- A strong interest in the arts across disciplines, and commitment to supporting / engaging with a diverse community of artists and learners.
- Experience in administration of arts or education programs, preferably with an interdisciplinary focus.
- Must be willing and able to work some weekends and evenings during residency weeks as needed.
- Familiar with local community resources, including emergency services.
- Supervise residency set-up and strike; this may include lifting and moving equipment and furniture.
- High level of interpersonal skills with staff, faculty, students and the broader communities; capacity to communicate tactfully and with diplomacy.
Department: Port Townsend
Reports to: Campus Director Port Townsend
Classification: Temporary position through Oct. 25th, 2019, possibility to extend.
Hourly, Approx. 30 hours a week, starting at $20 an hour.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- cover letter
- three prior or current employment references (name, contact information, and relationship to you)
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.