Temporary Residency Position / Non-Exempt / $18.00 @ hr.
LOCATION: Port Townsend, WA
DATES: February 9-19, 2022 – up to 70 hours, flexible schedule between 7:30am-9pm, 4-9 hour shift per day
Residency assistants help to foster a professional, welcoming and efficient learning and working environment for faculty, students and staff. They support the daily logistical operations of Port Townsend’s Goddard College, help with campus set up and break down, provide technical support and assist faculty and students during residency.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check in with the Site Coordinator for specific classroom set up, transportation needs and/or errands in town.
- According to the schedule; open and close the classroom buildings, student and faculty lounges, computer and studio spaces, and residency office.
- Facilitate photocopying for faculty. Keep photocopy area organized and well stocked.
- Ensure office, Resource Desk, faculty and student lounges, computer labs and all classroom spaces are suitable learning environments—free of clutter, trash and recycling is empty, neat and tidy.
- Provide timely feedback to Site Coordinator as to how systems are working. Offer suggestions to improve operations.
- Participate in special events as needed; set up, clean up, logistical support, book sales for guest authors, etc.
- Maintain a presence and take shifts at the Resource Desk.
- Assist with audio/visual equipment set-up for faculty and student presentations.
- Direct students and faculty to appropriate Goddard staff to have their needs met.
- As needed create, update and post announcements in various locations on campus.
- Check mailbox in Park Office and Front Desk. Take outgoing mail to Park Office.
- Other tasks might include:
- Participate in setting up the campus as discussed with Site Coordinator
- Photocopy residency schedules, packet information, faculty workshop materials.
- Transport faculty and students locally. Carry cell phone and emergency phone list.
- Assemble student, faculty and guest packets.
- Participate in Registration of students on opening day.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Tech confidence and savvy with Mac, PC, online apps, Zoom, projectors
- Able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Positive attitude
- Basic computer skills and experience with Word and Excel
- Experience with sound and audio equipment set-up
- Basic emergency response training
- Basic training in disability support and awareness
- Customer-service experience
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.