Full Time, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / Benefit Eligible / $17.00 @ hr.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the maintenance of college buildings and grounds and other duties as assigned.
General knowledge in any combination of the following areas: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating, horticulture, mechanics, technical communications, masonry, plastering, painting, and landscaping.
- Carpentry: Light carpentry or construction skills including, framing, roofing, finish work, cabinetry, repair work, flooring, window replacement, siding, and sheet rock installation
- Plumbing: Working knowledge of hot water boilers and ability to perform a variety of plumbing tasks
- Ability to triage heating systems in the event of an emergency: including hot air, gas, and oil-fired boilers
- Electrical: working knowledge of 110 or 220 power, and 3 phase power.
- Weeding, plantings, pruning, mulching, edging and strong physical abilities essential
- Plastering/ Sheetrock: general knowledge of taping or plastering work
- Painting: knowledge of and experience with interior and exterior paints and painting projects
- Landscaping: knowledge of drainage systems, driveway building and maintenance, and lawn care skills (including mowing, trimming, fertilizing, divot repair, snow plowing, and shoveling)
- Preventative Maintenance: working knowledge of and experience with preventative maintenance measures as they apply to vehicles [lawn mowers, tractors, and trucks] and infrastructure
- Heavy equipment operator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide custodial services: set-up, clean-up, cleaning, delivery, lifting, garbage, recycle and compost pick-up
- Provide maintenance and repairs as assigned or needed including urgent response to custodial issues or repairs as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance and light mechanical work, including but not limited to oil changes, welding, ball joint replacement etc., for vehicles [gas and diesel engines], lawn mowers, tractors, and trucks
- Perform preventative maintenance measures on mechanical systems and infrastructure of the college
- Ensure that all applicable work safety and security procedures are followed
- Housekeeping tasks such as laundry pick-up and delivery and assist housekeeping in emergencies
- Perform light to moderate repair/construction on campus, i.e., appliance repair, assist IT with running wires
- Provide security duties, limited to observation, response, and report critical incidents on college property
- Snow and ice removal; sanding and salting
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Perform projects requiring the use of a heavy equipment i.e., backhoe/tractor
- Perform a variety of plumbing tasks including but not limited to soldering or plumbing a sink
- Complete welding/fabrication projects, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervision is received from the Director of IT and Campus Facilities
- High school education is desirable, plus two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use computers including basic MS Office programs, ability to use e-mail, set up a computer workstation, and demonstrated proficiency in these areas
- Ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively and relate well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work extended hours out of doors in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 60 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop and crouch to perform functions of job
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.