Full Time, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / Benefit Eligible / $19.00 @ hr.
The IT Support Specialist II provides support and instruction for the use of the intranet and technology resources and works collaboratively with the IT staff to ensure the optimal functioning of the College’s IT services. This position also acts as the focal point for managing end-user devices (laptops and PCs) and has primary responsibility for updating and maintaining the IT Asset Tracking system.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare new personal computing equipment according to established standards. Install standard software (e.g., anti-virus, Microsoft Office) and work with the end user to ensure that any position specific software is acquired and properly installed.
- Ensure new equipment is added to the Windows Active Directory and that the Organizational Unit into which it is placed has correctly-configured Group Policies for operating system and application software updates. Make recommendations to the Director of IT for improvements to Group Policy configurations to ensure they are compatible with the current Goddard hardware and software infrastructure.
- Act as the primary IT point-of-contact for the Asset Tracking system. Assign asset tag numbers and ensure that the hardware information entered into the system is consistent and remains so when changes to the computing infrastructure (adds, changes, and removals) are made. Prepare asset tags for all tracked IT assets and ensure tags are properly applied to the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with computers and networks, software, hardware, and other equipment
- Support basic configuration changes to the College phone system (phone relocations, extension assignment, general user database maintenance) and work collaboratively with the IT Department and users to make recommendations for improvements
- Instruct and support students, staff, and faculty in the use of various information technology resources
- Perform various systems administration tasks, including software upgrades and back-ups
- Participate in IT instructional programs and develop and implement support tutorials
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to information technology resources
- Provide support for desktop computer applications
- Collaborate with IT staff to creatively solve problems, to continuously improve services to all constituents (students, staff and faculty) and to develop new IT initiatives
- Other related duties, as assigned
Supervision is received from the Director of Information Technology & Campus Facilities
Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills are acquired.
- Excellent organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Able to effectively manage time and work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize problems according to their level of impact on the organization, and to address problems appropriately according to this prioritization
- Strong working knowledge of desktop applications and learning technologies
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems, networking, and software
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, students, and/or outside individuals/organizations
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and greater community
- Ability to exercise judgment and confidentiality in matters of the College
- This position is a swing shift position requiring the IT Support Specialist to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends during student residencies
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.