Full Time, Benefit Eligible
Goddard College seeks a Senior Information and Network Systems Support Analyst to assist in managing day-to-day network operations, systems, and software. This position also assists the other members of the IT staff with support of student, staff, and faculty requirements, including those during student residency periods. This position will assist in the management and administration of College computer systems in a heterogeneous, virtualized server environment consisting of a mixture of Linux and Windows servers, with support for various versions and distributions of each of these operating systems. This position will also assist in managing day-to-day operation of computer networks, including wired and wireless LANs with Internet connectivity, and will work closely with the IT Director to manage the integration of internal systems and databases and recommend improvements to reduce redundancies and modernize/secure servers and systems. This position is a swing shift position requiring the Senior Information and Network Systems Support Analyst to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends during student residencies
The Senior Information and Network Systems Support Analyst position requires a minimum of 5 years hands-on technical experience encompassing at least three of the following disciplines:
- Linux and Windows server administration and management, including user management in an Active Directory environment, configuration and management of servers in a virtualized environment and, software development or shell-based scripting in these environments
- Operation and support of vended and developed server-based applications
- Wireless and wired network operations, engineering, and design, to include troubleshooting and security
- End user support of personal computers, laptops, and tablets
- Acquisition and implementation of new applications in a complex organization, including both technical and organizational change management activities
For the purpose of calculating experience, a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Network Engineering, Management Information Systems) will be applied as four years’ experience; an Associate’s Degree in a related technical field will be applied as two years’ experience. This position requires the selected individual to possess excellent organizational skills, with high degree of attention to detail. They must have experience managing or directing more junior staff to aid in their development and ensure work products adhere to best practices and departmental policies, be able to effectively manage time and work independently, with minimal supervision, and prioritize problems according to their level of impact on the organization, and to address problems appropriately, according to this prioritization. The selected individual will be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, students, and/or outside individual/organizations is also essential as is a demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and greater community
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $20.92 to $22.46 per hour, depending on experience
- This full time position is eligible for our generous benefits package.
Please upload the following documents to: https://highereddecisions.com/gcv/current_vacancies.asp
- cover letter
- current resume
- three employment references, with contact information
APPLICATION DUE DATE: ASAP, Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community and capable of creating change. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.