Full Time, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / Benefit Eligible / $15 @ Hr.
To perform and supervise day-to-day housekeeping services for all College buildings and to perform basic maintenance functions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and perform daily housekeeping services for the College campus buildings including dorms, offices, and common areas.
- Supervise housekeeping staff; plan and issue daily work assignments; monitor work in progress and check completed work; assist housekeeping staff with difficult or unusual tasks or problems; assist in planning staffing needs and work schedules; keep timesheets as required; bring personnel problems to the attention of supervisor.
- Oversee distribution and use of college keys to campus buildings for housekeeping staff.
- Ensure that all applicable work safety and security procedures are followed.
- Perform regular quality control inspections.
- Perform housekeeping duties, as needed.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Perform maintenance functions, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Supervision is received from the Director of Facilities.
Supervision of housekeeping staff.
High school education, plus 2-3 years of relevant housekeeping/custodial experience, including some supervisory experience, and familiarity with the use of custodial products and equipment; or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills related to commercial/institutional custodial/housekeeping operations.
- Excellent reading, writing, math, administrative, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent physical ability to perform all job duties.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with a wide variety of college staff, students, and faculty.
- Basic computer skills.
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Positions open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.