Full Time, 37.5 hrs. @ wk. / Non-Exempt / Union / Benefit Eligible / $18.75 @ hr.
Main office located on Goddard’s campus in Plainfield, VT. On-campus work is expected full time with weekend work and one overnight on-call required when we have students in residency. Travel is required to Goddard College residency sites.
Goddard College strives to increase and maintain a diverse student body and workforce. Our commitment to these goals is reflected in our Mission, Values Statement, Strategic Plan, and other operating policies and procedures. In accordance with our Strategic Plan, this position supports and is responsible for upholding a diverse, equitable, and culturally responsive environment. Our efforts are ongoing and we invite new community members to join our work on these essential goals.
In collaboration with the Help Desk Manager Late Shift staff member, coordinates and manages all Help Desk services as they pertain to preparing, running and closing out our academic residencies. This position requires presence during residencies, including weekends, holidays, and occasional overnight coverage. Up to 4 hours of overtime required weekly during the residency cycle.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to IT and facilities requests
- Collaborates with learning management system (LMS) administrators to respond to student and faculty inquiries, updating the knowledge base
- Creates and maintains documentation related to technology support
- Ensures technology support during virtual residency is available, providing in-session technology support
- Assist with training faculty, students and staff on technology as needed
- Assist with revising online scheduling tool SCHED, collaborating with Academic Services
- Assist with other technology support, as needed
- Respond to urgent problems at front desk and bring in other staff and departments as necessary
- Responsible with IT for all audio visual set-ups in campus meeting spaces; this includes computers, LCD projectors, conference phones, and sound equipment
- Collaborate with other staff members to contribute to the Goddard student and community experience through developing effective Help Desk functions, communications and policies
- Train and supervise help desk residency staff as needed
- Collaborate with Community Life and human resources staff to develop college-wide crisis and emergency protocols.
- Responsible for Help Desk inventory, supply inventory, photocopier; handle any requests for additional supplies requested by students and faculty
- Responsible for Help Desk student residency equipment (e.g., video recorders, etc.); keep equipment properly maintained and accounted for, manage liability waivers and communicate with students about these items
- Responsible, with IT, for tech support related to the synchronous aspect of online learning during residencies
- Other related duties, as assigned.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Community Life.
- BA in business, IT, or related field; or significant related experience
- Two to three years of experience in IT support, business, hospitality management, and/or systems management
- Strong written and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; and strong systems development skills
- Relevant experience with audiovisual equipment including LCD projectors, speakers, mixers, and amps
- Successful experience managing multiple, ongoing projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated cultural humility and use of cultural responsiveness in work settings
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills and an ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy and be nonjudgmental toward distressed individuals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (primarily Google, Microsoft, Zoom platforms, and telecommunication software)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency with languages in addition to English
- Two years of retail experience and supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working in a higher education setting
Please apply on the ADP Portal and include a Letter of Interest and CV.
Position open until filled. To apply: Click Here
Goddard College is committed to creating a college representative of a diverse global community. To that end, we are actively seeking applications from qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented in our institution for this position. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, and provider.