REPORTS TO: President
Reporting to the President of Goddard College, the Director of Admissions is responsible for providing vision, leadership, innovation, and management of all admissions efforts at Goddard College. This includes serving as a member and coordinator of a College-wide enrollment management team, providing day-to-day leadership for Admissions operations, and assuring implementation of strategies to build a robust and sustained College enrollment. The Director of Admissions is responsible for supervision of admissions counselors and operational staff (some of whom may work remotely for part or the majority of their hours), ensuring best and ethical practice in admissions, creating and providing regular enrollment data reporting and analysis, working with other key stakeholders on enrollment partnerships, ensuring ongoing progress on the portions of the College strategic plan related to admissions, and making sure that systems and technologies effectively support the work of the admissions staff and the needs of prospective students. The Director of Admissions is expected to be champion for an admissions process that is relational rather than transactional, one that embodies Goddard’s values for learner’s voice, choice, agency, and ownership. This position works in close partnership with the Director of Marketing and the Director of Financial Aid, and collaboration with the Registrar and Academic Program Directors. The Director of Admissions collaborates with the rest of the enrollment team to identify emerging challenges and opportunities for the College and formulate timely responses.
A partial telecommuting work arrangement is negotiable for this position.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and monitor the Admissions budget.
- Develop data-driven recruitment strategies by effectively utilizing data from a variety of sources to evaluate student characteristics and trends
- Plan and monitor enrollment goals and outcomes of recruitment strategies; monitors assessment of those outcomes, and develops plans of action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes
- Oversee and manage the admissions operations to ensure quality and efficiency, e.g. timely and effective communications with prospective students, accurate application management.
- Research, review, and implement technological systems and other innovations that strengthen the impact of the admissions team.
- Develop enrollment data reports for stakeholders about progress toward admissions goals; collaborate with team members and/or stakeholders in analysis of reports and adjust tactics accordingly.
- Supervise and mentor direct reports to ensure a strong, collaborative and effective Admissions team, including productive evaluations and retention plans (e.g. professional development)
- Oversee the administration of College Admissions database (Slate) and related technologies to ensure effective use by admissions staff and decision-makers (e.g. program directors) in all admissions and recruitment processes.
- Coordinate and manage Admissions events, e.g. Discover Goddard Day, Residency Visiting Days, online information sessions, event attendance.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with various departments and colleagues to ensure effective enrollment and recruitment processes. Identify operational challenges and opportunities for enrollment related to financial assistance, student services, campus services, student records, and other departments as needed. .
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plan for the department. Identify existing and emerging challenges and opportunities that affect the admissions department’s ability to drive College enrollment, and assure focus on those with potential for most positive impact.
Contribution to Strategic Leadership
- Collaborate and coordinate with Director of Marketing and Registrar to ensure useful College enrollment data (e.g. marketing efforts, inquiries, applications, conversions)
- Collaborates with Marketing Director to closely monitor of College enrollment data and emerging challenges and opportunities, and to provide information in support of annual new student enrollment projections.
- Co-Facilitate (with Director of Marketing) enrollment planning teams for existing and new academic programs, with academic program directors, faculty and new program sponsors.
- Serve on College Retention Workgroup to monitor and recommend changes to address retention challenges and opportunities.
- Serve on operational review and planning team as part of the new academic initiative process.
Enrollment Partnerships & Recruitment
- Collaborate with individuals responsible for strategic partnerships to help implement an enrollment partnership strategy with non-profits and other institutions of higher education.
- Implement exchange programs with other Higher Education institutions and networks.
- Collaborate with academic leaders to identify, assess and establish productive enrollment partnerships.
- Review and advise on MOUs, in collaboration with the Registrar, PDs, and faculty.
- Collaborate with academic leaders to identify productive recruitment opportunities, and determine the most effective way to represent the College in those venues.
- Ensure recruitment opportunities are assessed regularly for productivity.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to promote recruitment opportunities as needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to differentiate between recruitment and marketing opportunities.
- Consult with the Director of Marketing and academic program directors on the development of print materials representing academic programs.
From the President
All admissions staff
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of increasing responsibility in college or university admissions with at least 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience in graduate and undergraduate admissions/recruitment, ideally with transfer and/or International recruitment, preferably at a private, liberal-arts institution
- Demonstrated, sustained success in student recruitment and in the application of technology in support of achieving goals. Experience working with a CRM-(Slate) preferred.
- Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, school funding, and financial aid application processes.
- Strong data analytics skills and experience in reporting metrics. Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and innovative enrollment management technology solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, collaboration, leadership and motivational experience necessary.
- Proficiency with use of email, word processing, database, presentation software and use of the Internet
- Flexibility to travel and participate in evening and weekend events, as needed.
- Strong and genuine commitment to social justice and inclusion with regard to race, disability, class, religion and national origin, color, national origin, marital/civil union status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran/uniformed service status, disability or other legally protected classification.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing skills may prove beneficial.
- Strong understanding of progressive educational philosophy, including individualized, learner-centered curricula, adult students, and non-traditional delivery modes.
- Demonstrated experience of positive and proactive approaches in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, managing projects, leading teams through collaboration, and implementing efficiencies and effectiveness using technology.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment and with a telecommuting workforce
- Demonstrated successful experience serving on and supporting a remote working team
- Master’s degree
Application Instructions: Click Here