A Voice for Progressive Education on #GivingTuesday
Celebrated on the Tuesday following the widely-recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season.
The Goddard College Alumni Association has organized to collectively increase the awareness of giving to the mission, vision, and values of Goddard College by setting a goal to raise $25,000 for Goddard. Giving, sharing, posting, and encouraging others to give on #GivingTuesday will bring Goddard’s model of progressive education to the forefront of education today. Re-inspire the creative curiosity of your alumni community by becoming part of a global movement and becoming a voice for Goddard.
This year, three members of our community, Dennis and Joan Rea as well as the Webb Trust, pledged to match all gifts given to Goddard on November 27, 2018 up to $10,500! Give on #GivingTuesday and have your gift matched!
Here’s what Dennis Rea had to say:
“I attended Goddard from 1975-79 in the Residential Undergraduate Program (RUP). My studies included dance, performance art, drawing & painting, sculpture, video, gamelan and a myriad of spiritual experiences as a Goddard College student. Living in CL dorm, amongst others, was exciting because the photo darkroom was in the basement offering exciting photographic processes, like suctioning a huge photographic paper vertically for exposure from an enlarger across the room.
“This past Alumni Weekend was the first time I returned to campus after all those years. It was home again. The trees looked larger, the dorms smaller. It was a great weekend of friends, new faces and informative presentations
“My wife, Joan and I are giving to Goddard not only for a memory, but to give forward to those who will find their way at Goddard. On #GivingTuesday, we are happy to match every gift to Goddard up to $3000.00. I encourage you to contribute to one of the few colleges offering alternatives to traditional education. Give to Goddard to continue ‘that alternative path for others to find their way.'”
Here’s how you can help:
- Promote #GivingTueGoddard by sharing our posts on your favorite social media channels.
- Ask 5 Goddard alums to join you in campaigning for Goddard.
- Ask friends and family to support you in giving to Goddard. Gifts of any amount are greatly appreciated and have a profound impact on our future.
- Give a gift of any amount on November 27, 2018.
- Write a one-sentence testimonial about why you give to Goddard and share it on social media or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have Goddard share your quote.
- Pledge to match all incoming gifts up to $2500 or more by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you for your generosity, now and throughout the year!