Friend of Goddard Grant
Friend of Goddard Grant
The Friend of Goddard Grant invites members of the Goddard community to recommend friends or colleagues for admission to any of Goddard's degree programs. Recommended applicants who are offered admission to the College will be awarded a one-time $1,000 grant dispersed over two semesters.
To be awarded a Friend of Goddard Grant, applicants:
- Must be a first-time applicant for admission to Goddard College.
- Must have applied for admission and been offered acceptance into one of Goddard College's degree programs.
- Must confirm enrollment with Goddard College for the semester indicated on the Application for Admission. The grant cannot be applied to future semesters if a student decides to defer.
- Must have a personal relationship with an alumni, staff member, current or former Goddard trustee, faculty member, or program director who will write one of the applicant’s recommendation letters as part of the admissions process.
To avoid conflicts of interest:
- Program directors and faculty members cannot write letters of recommendation for applicants to the program(s) with which they are affiliated.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written for an immediate family member.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written by currently enrolled students.
Applicants should notify their admissions counselors of their intent to seek a Friend of Goddard Grant.
Individuals writing letters of recommendation must submit letters directly to the Office of Admissions in one of the two following ways:
- Email a signed letter (as PDF or Word document) to email@example.com. Please include "Friend of Goddard: Applicant Name" in the subject line of your email.
- Send standard post to Goddard College Admissions Office, 123 Pitkin Rd., Plainfield, VT 05667.
Letters should include the following:
- "Friend of Goddard" written at the top of the letter.
- The writer's name and contact information (include a phone number and email address)
- A description of the writer's relationship with the College (alumni, staff, faculty, etc.)
- The name of the applicant, the writer’s relationship to this person, and why the writer recommends the applicant for Goddard
Friend of Goddard Grants are awarded as funds are available. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.906.8312.