Friend of Goddard Grant
This scholarship allows Goddard alumni to recommend friends or colleagues to Goddard College for any degree program. If accepted to a program, the recommended student will be awarded a one-time $1,000 grant.
- To be eligible for this grant, applicants must have a personal relationship with and a Letter of Recommendation from an alumni, staff, Goddard trustee or former trustee, faculty member, or program director.
- To obtain the grant, a student must be accepted for the fall 2013 semester (or have deferred from spring ’13) and must enroll the fall 2013 semester.
To avoid a conflict of interest:
- Program directors and faculty members cannot write Letters of Recommendation for students admitted to the program they work in;
- Letters of Recommendation cannot be written for an immediate family member;
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written by currently enrolled students.
Letters of recommendation should be sent to the Admissions Office with the following information:
- The writer's name and contact information;
- A description of the writer's relationship with the College (alumni, staff, faculty, etc.);
- The name of the person you are recommending, your relationship to this person, and why you are making the recommendation;
- Write "Friend of Goddard" at the top of the letter.
- Letters of recommendation can be sent by email to [email protected] as a PDF or Word attachment, or can be sent by mail to: Goddard College Admissions Office, 123 Pitkin Rd., Plainfield, VT 05667.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 800.906.8312.